How many times have you checked the YouTube tutorial to tie the braid in a fancy way? Well, like any form of creative activity, it will need time and practice. You will have to be patient and work your way gradually to learn on how to tie the intricate ones. Right from black to the blonde and colored hair, curly and wavy to straightened hair, you will come across styles you would never have thought existed. In fact, if you are creative enough, you would be able to tie different types of braids using hair extensions. While good hair is a sign of health and symbol of beauty, the ability to tie them shows your craftsmanship.
It’s never too late to learn and if you are keen on getting all your acts together to get serious about braiding, here are some tips you can benefit from:
- Start with Simple:
Before getting into the actual act a warm-up is necessary or else you will end up ruining your act. Similarly, you should start with warm-ups so that you master the art of braiding. Try on getting the flexibility and movement in your fingers. Begin with simple braids that need 2 or 3 sections of your hair. Practice it daily to get a hang of it.
- Focus on Neatness:
The real art is to nail the job. Hence, there is no rush to learn how to tie 2000 types but learn to tie 1 perfectly. Focus on neatness and meticulous twisting of hair to get an interesting braid. Play, pause, tie, repeat. Get every detail about tying the basic braids neatly. Unless you focus on doing it right with the basic braids, there is no point in doing the advanced ones.
- Regularity in Practice:
It is easy to get attracted and start to learn new things. However, what matters the most is that you need to be consistent with it. So, no matter how boring things might appear to be but you need to dedicate yourself to the practice. As you gain a grip on the length of your hair and twisting them, you will find better agility in your fingers to work on complicated patterns later.
- Work on Different Lengths:
If you are tired of working your hair, ask for any of your friends to volunteer. There will be girls who would want their hair tied differently. Take the opportunity to work your skills. However, it is important that you learn to work on different lengths of hair. Be it shoulder length or long tresses, thick hair or thin, you should be able to work on it in the best possible manner.
Different types of braids that you can try:
- French Braid:
This is one of the most basic hairstyles in a braid that you will get to have on your hair. It is stylish and yet simple to do. You can choose anything from half French braid to full length. Two plaits or on one side, you can pick any fancy way to tie the regular French braid.
How to Do?
- Smoothen your hair.
- Take a small section of hair from the temple.
- In V formation take 2 or 3 sections
- Tie your hair in a braid.
- Stop in midway or go until the end.
- Dutch Braid:
If you are skilled with the French braid, you should be comfortable working with the Dutch braid as well. It looks formal and sophisticated at the same time chic and fun. All depends on how you get them braided.
How to Do?
- Take a small section from your hairline.
- Similar to French braid, take V formation for braiding.
- Instead of going from the top, twist the hair from the bottom.
- Carefully twist the sections underneath each other.
- Tie a full-length plait or stop midway.
- Waterfall Braid:
When you are looking to remove the hair from your face, and at the same time you want a polished look then you should be going for this waterfall braid.
How to Do?
- Start with your hairline.
- Partition in the middle or get a side one.
- Choose a small chunk.
- Begin working with a simple braid.
- Follow the length of your hair.
- Halo Braid:
This one is a major favorite amongst the girls. Whether you wear jeans and tops or a dress, you can look amazing with this braid. Right from straight hair to curly locks, anyone can easily get this style and look no less than an angel.
How to Do?
- Part your hair in the center.
- Begin with the hair on the nape.
- You can choose to have simple plait or a French braid.
- Braid all the way to the top and use pins to tuck the braid.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Fishtail Braid:
Many women think it to be one of the complicated types of braids. But, in reality, all you need to do is a bit of practice and get the chic look.
How to Do?
- Section your hair into two pigtails.
- Grab a small chunk from outside of your one side of the pigtail.
- Pull it over the pigtail.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 on the other side.
- Keep moving until the end.
These are the major 5 kinds of braiding styles that are easy to work on with. You can try variations within these types. Access YouTube videos to understand the little technicalities. Most importantly, practice them as much as you can so that you can tie them efficiently and effortlessly.