Box braids hairstyles look amazing and is one of the styles that never get kicked out of fashion. Once you get it you breathe in awesomeness. But that feeling lasts only for few weeks. This style tends to get onto the nerves especially when people do not know how to style them. Ever felt that you are stuck with those braids? Why worry when we have 8 cool long hairstyles for black women with box braids? Without much practice you can get them right.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Buns on Top
Attend your school or any party hosted by your friends in this chic hairdo. Bet you won’t take more than 5 minutes to get them. Look your best with this hairstyle.
- Get a middle parting for your braids. The line may not be perfectly straight as your hair is box braided.
- Take one section of your front hair and gently wrap it in a bun.
- Repeat the process with the other section.
Tip: Section your hair in two equal halves to get right sized buns. Neatly tuck the loose ends inside the bun. Use bobby pins if needed. Keep the buns small to get the funky look.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Three Bun Style
Attend a concert without messing your hair. Hit the road with your friends and go for a long trip without worrying about your braids. This style will keep your hair neat and make you look like a celebrity on a trip.
- Get a middle partition and tie two buns in front section of your head similar to the ‘Buns on Top’.
- Gently hold the braided locks at the back of your head and tie them in buns.
- Use bobby pins to secure the buns neat and tight in their place.
Tip: Keep the buns in the front section small and the one in the back a bit large.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Half Up – Half Down
Look like a warrior princess everyday with this hairdo. Take on the day with full energy and style when you have the right hairdo for the day. Charge on the tasks and execute your activities when you have the right hair.
- Divide your hair in two sections – one on top and the other at the bottom just like you do to tie a half ponytail.
- Take some section out of it and wrap it around the pony so that your hair acts like a headband for the ponytail.
- Tuck a pin to secure the pony.
Tip: Don’t pull your hair too tightly and let there be a slight pout in the front to get the right effect.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Half Side Bun
- Neatly divide your hair in two sections.
- Hold the upper section and wrap it in a bun.
- Get a spread out bun instead of a tightly wrapped one.
Tip: Twist your braids gently to get a spread out bun easily.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Snail Effect
It’s easy to look stylish and fun with this style. All you need to do is practice the moves a few times and you will know how to do this hairstyle.
- Get all your hair to one side of your head.
- As you see in the video start twisting them gently.
- Stop twisting halfway and tuck a pin to secure the twisted hair and get the snail effect.
Tip: Depending on the length of the hair you can continue to twist and tie the style. You need to be careful where to stop to get the perfect look.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Old School Ponytail
Get ready in minutes for your school or any event that you have to attend with this classic ponytail. You can look amazing effortlessly even in this simplest hairdo.
- Bend down and gather all your braided locks.
- Take a section from left or right side of your head.
- Hold the hair as you would for a high ponytail and use the section of your hair for tying.
Tip: Keep the pony high and do not pull your braids too tightly while tying the pony.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Huge Bun
Look like an amazing Indian sage in this hairdo. Rock it with confidence to get the admiring looks. This is the best style when you are in a hurry and wish to look neat and elegant.
- Tie your braids in the ‘Old School Ponytail’ style and take a step further from it.
- Wrap the loose, open ponytail into a bun.
- You will get a huge bun on top of your head.
Tip: Use good bobby pins to keep the hair tucked in one place. Loose hair might ruin your look.
Box Braids Hairstyles: Twisted Texture
This hairstyle might appear to be complicated but in reality it is just work and play of your hands. If you work neatly you will be able to get the mysterious look.
- Section your hair without getting a middle partition.
- Gently twist them together so that you get a texture for your hair as shown in the video.
- Once you reach halfway gather your hair into a pony tail and wrap the pony with a section of your hair.
Tip: Keep the pony mid-length or rest it low at your nape. Depending on your comfort and the dress you choose for the occasion, pick on a comfortable length.
Get a new hairdo for yourself every day even when you have those long locks twined in the box braids. Now there is no stopping you from trying out the new styles when you have those braids on your locks. Without any hair accessories you can look like an angel in any function. The best part is if you have your hair colored and braided, then each of the style will highlight your color. Go on try any of this and look impressive!